Re: [opensuse] Sound Question..
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:59:57 +0200
Hello,

Am Montag 07 Juni 2010 15:42:34 wrote Vadym Krevs:
On 7 June 2010 12:26, Michael S. Dunsavage <mikesd1981@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
You can try to place this .asoundrc in your $HOME:
pcm.dmixer {
type plug
slave.pcm "dmix"
hint {
show on
description "DMix: ALSA Software Mixer"
}
}

pcm.dmixout {
# Just pass this on to the system dmix
type plug
slave {
pcm "dmix"
}
}

After that you can reboot your System, and then you can choose in
Systemsettings/Multimedia the dmix device as playback.

HTH Sascha

Sorry took a bit to respond, I work 23:00-07:00. I did a rpm -q
and nothing came up. But I don't see a dmix in yast software
management either. Do I need to install the package?

There is no "dmix" rpm. Just create the asound conf file as described
above and reboot.
After that you start Systemsettings/Multimedia or Sound (IIRC). Then you
can set "dmix" inside the Soundmodul.
If you have Question, just post it.
I hope it works...
--