Re: [opensuse] Sound Question..
  • From: Vadym Krevs <vkrevs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 14:42:34 +0100
On 7 June 2010 12:26, Michael S. Dunsavage <mikesd1981@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can try to place this .asoundrc in your $HOME:
pcm.dmixer {
  type plug
  slave.pcm "dmix"
  hint {
    show on
    description "DMix: ALSA Software Mixer"
  }
}

pcm.dmixout {
  # Just pass this on to the system dmix
     type plug
       slave {
            pcm "dmix"
       }
}

After that you can reboot your System, and then you can choose in
Systemsettings/Multimedia the dmix device as playback.

HTH Sascha

Sorry took a bit to respond, I work 23:00-07:00. I did a rpm -q
 and nothing came up. But I don't see a dmix in yast software management
either. Do I need to install the package?

There is no "dmix" rpm. Just create the asound conf file as described
above and reboot.

Regards,
Vadym