Re: [opensuse] XSane and multifuction printer
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:27:20 +0300
At 15:53:14 on Tuesday Tuesday 25 May 2010, "Ken Schneider - openSUSE"
<suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/25/2010 08:10 AM, Stan Goodman pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
I use a Brother MFC465cn multifunction printer for scanning, using
the XSame scanning application. All worked well for several years
since I bought the machine, until I sent my first fax message with
the printer yesterday. Now an attempt to load XSane causes the
error message:

*****
Error during CMS conversion
Could not open scanner ICM profile.
*****

This sounds like the very act of sending a fax has concealed the
internal scanning profile of the device. How can I find them again?
And am I now doomed to having to go through reconstructing the
scanner profile every time I send a fax?

I have used Filezilla for a while and fail to see any scanning function
associated with the program.

Thank you. I was rushed and I am trying to do a doaen things at the same
time. My hasty mistake. The application is XSane, and not the FTP
client. =;-(8

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998