Re: [opensuse] Filezilla and multifuction printer
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:53:14 -0400
On 05/25/2010 08:10 AM, Stan Goodman pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
I use a Brother MFC465cn multifunction printer for scanning, using the
Filezilla scanning application. All worked well for several years since I
bought the machine, until I sent my first fax message with the printer
yesterday. Now an attempt to load Filezilla causes the error message:

*****
Error during CMS conversion
Could not open scanner ICM profile.
*****

This sounds like the very act of sending a fax has concealed the internal
scanning profile of the device. How can I find them again? And am I now
doomed to having to go through reconstructing the scanner profile every
time I send a fax?

I have used Filezilla for a while and fail to see any scanning function
associated with the program.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998