[opensuse] Zypper died suddenly!
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:43:59 -0400
I just tried my second "zypper up" after switching from "zypper dup" due
to the responses to my "Changing zypper command" message of last week.

Oops.

zypper: error while loading shared libraries: libzypp.so.619: cannot

Now, yast won't start (dbus error), zypper won't start. I suppose I
might manually copy the library, if I knew where to get it and where to
put it. Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling suse? I do
have the opensuse ISO's on my hard drive, but since I haven't downloaded
Krusader since going to 11.2, I don't know how to get into it. Even if
the .619 version is there.

Keep in mind that I'm a fairly advanced _user_ with no more SA skills
than one learns by watching and asking questions on this list (embedded
systems engineer -- wasn't even sure what "systems administrator" meant
until subscribing here :-).

John Perry