Re: [opensuse] Dutch Manual or Documentation
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 21:51:32 +0200
As you pointed out "C", I also learnt when I was on my visits to NL, that
the people are multilingual there. Admirable! Most can get around fluently
with at least 3 languages!

I know.. it was really frustrating for me living there until I got to
grips with speaking passable Dutch.. I was the odd one out most of the
time :-P

as well, but has some difficulties still. I wanted to ease the convert by
giving a neat KDE4 Users Manual; older KDE versions are very different. He
is completely new to openSuSE (well Linux as a whole). It seems to be a show
stopper for non English newbies to convert to openSuSE Linux. I will provide
him with the English documents.

Well.. KDE4 specific does have some documentation produced by the L10N
KDE team...
http://www.kde.nl/doc/
It's not a nice HowTo like the standard openSUSE PDF documentation,
but it does cover most of the basics... also, don't forget good old
F1.. the Dutch team have translated almost all of the help into
Dutch... so on a per app basis, there is Help available in Dutch if
the Dutch version of KDE is installed.

C.