Re: [opensuse] Lenovo T410s installs 11.2; boot freezes with black screen
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:42:19 -0400
On 2010/04/27 19:46 (GMT-0400) Martin A. Brown composed:

I can boot to single
user mode, but can't seem to figure out how to bring up the network
('/etc/init.d/network start' doesn't work)

I missed the single part in my earlier reply. In single there isn't supposed
to be network. Partial networking comes up in 2, and full in 3. Boot directly
into 3/noX instead of 5/X or single and if the installer recognized your NIC
you should have working network.
--
"Suppos [sic] a nation in some distant region, should
take the Bible for their only law book, and every member

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/