Re: [opensuse] kernel install conflicts -- Can I safely ignore them?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:05:05 +0200

On 2010-04-15 14:41, Philipp Thomas wrote:

Most packages in devel projects have a bugowner and you can assign reports
in bugzilla to them. You get the maintainer via
'osc maintainer <project> <package>'
but osc only gets you the name, not the full address so you're better off

That's not the proper way way to find them for a reporter.

A reporter (me, for instance) might not be a buildservice user (I am not) and
have not 'osc'
installed (I don't), so it is impossible for us to find anybody using 'osc'.

You have to define a better, user accessible, method of finding maintainers.

All buildservice projects should have a mandatory html directory with a
mandatory index.html in
which we could find the purpose and target of the repo, and
reporting/contacting info, at least.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))