[opensuse] Sync LDAP + Samba password
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:57:14 +0100
Hi all,

I have a Samba PDC with an LDAP backend.
With both PDC and LDAP, I'm able to maintain a centralized
user/group/... directory, for both windows and Linux machine to login
and authenticate.
I can also synchronize passwords, from SAMBA do OpenLDAP when a user
changes his password on a windows machine. I've done it with the ldap
passwd sync option at smb.conf.
The problem I was not able overcome is when users change their passwords
on a Linux machine using the ldap client, like a simple passwd command.
With this method , the LDAP password gets updated but, the SAMBA
passwords do not.
I've tryed googling about it, without success.

How can I update SAMBA passwords when users update them directly at LDAP ?
Can anyone share a solution for this issue ?

Using openSUSE 11.2. LDAP Directory imported from OpenLDAP from an
openSUSE 10.3 machine.

Thanks a lot for your help,

--
Rui Santos