Re: [opensuse] KDE 4.4: Open Office: File load dialogue extremely slow: many qdbus messages
  • From: "arygroup@xxxxxxxxx" <arygroup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 15:09:01 +0300
On 04/04/10 15:00, Charles Obler wrote:
When I use Open Office -- e.g., oocalc -- and
I have one file loaded and attempt to load
another, the load dialogue is often extremely
slow. It can take half a minute to populate
the file-list box -- this for a small
directory with about a dozen files!

I sometimes run oocalc from konsole. oocalc
generates tons of qdbus messages. E.g.:

OpenOffice.org(6480)/
kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycocafrom
"/var/tmp/kdecache-xxx/ksycoca4"
kio (bookmarks) KBookmarkManager::KBookmarkManager: starting KDirWatch for
"/home/xxx/.local/share//user-places.xbel"
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory:
KUrl("trash:/")
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Entry currently being listed:
KUrl("trash:/") by (KDirLister(0x15daf20) )
kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave "trash" for KUrl("trash:/")
kio (KIOConnection) KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on
"local:/tmp/ksocket-xxx/OpenOffice.orgwX6480.slave-socket"
kio (Slave) KIO::Slave::createSlave: createSlave "file" for
KUrl("file:///home/xxx")
kio (KIOConnection) KIO::ConnectionServer::listenForRemote: Listening on
"local:/tmp/ksocket-xxx/OpenOffice.orghZ6480.slave-socket"
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory:
KUrl("file:///home/xxx/Taxes")
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::forgetDirs: Killing update job for
"file:///home/xxx/Taxes"
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory:
KUrl("file:///home/xxx/Taxes")
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::forgetDirs: Killing update job for
"file:///home/xxx/Taxes"
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::listDir: Listing directory:
KUrl("file:///home/xxx/Taxes")
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::slotResult: finished listing
KUrl("trash:/")
kdecore (services): Now parsing "/usr/share/mime/magic"
kdecore (services): Now parsing "/home/xxx/.local/share/mime/magic"
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::slotResult: finished listing
KUrl("file:///home/xxx/Taxes")
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::forgetDirs: KDirLister(0x15b6ce0)
item moved into cache: KUrl("file:///home/xxx/Taxes")
kio (KDirListerCache) KDirListerCache::forgetDirs: KDirLister(0x15daf20)
item moved into cache: KUrl("trash:/")

Is the extreme delay normal, and, if not,
what messages should I look for to find the
cause?

Other applications started from konsole
generate only a few messages. E.g.:

kpat:

QApplication::qAppName: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
QPainter::setFont: Painter not active

opera:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Removing .ooo3 folder from user folder helps for some time. But this is
not a solution.

I read somewhere that is connected somehow with java packages installed.
I tried some variants, uninstalled java-1_6_0-openjdk and installed
java-1_6_0-sun. It seems not the dialogs are ok. But I'm not sure if it
was the thing which helped.