Re: [opensuse] How could I keep in sync email on two computers?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:51:36 +0200

On 2010-03-29 18:16, James Knott wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I want to be able to read some of my email, downloaded to my desktop
machine, on my laptop, while
off-line.

Set up an IMAP mail server and then use fetchmail to get the mail via
POP from your provider. Or use something like GMail, which provides
IMAP support.

Yes, but the qestion is how to set an imap server locally that serves from
/home/USER/Mail the local
mail in mbox format.

The alternative would be to push the email back there. I'll probably do that.

Gmail is not an alternative. It is very slow with very large boxes, and
my internet connection (at home) is not that fast.

Is there something that can be used from procmail to push email to a local imap
server?

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))