Re: [opensuse] Writing a DVD DL disk
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 09:53:33 +0000

Duaine Hechler wrote:
suse 11.1

I'm trying to copy a DL DVD to another. (burner and media DL)

K3b - and - k9copy - bomb at the half way point.

What software can I use to copy a DL DVD ?

Wodim, maybe (it is one the executables that K3b uses)...

See

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

for further info...

IIRC DL may require that you physically reload the media with some
devices, so that the writeable side of the media is available to write
to. Use wodim to establish what the device capabilities are believed to be.

You may also be suffering from the side effects of media autoload. Can
make burning a PITA.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup