Re: [opensuse] To all openSUSE developers:
  • From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 07:53:22 +0200
On Saturday 27 March 2010 07:27:02 Duaine
Hechler wrote:
I recently downloaded 11.2, installed it, ran all the
updates and ran
for a few days - looked good I thought - so I
converted my
brother-in-law from Windows to openSUSE 11.2.

Between the two of us, we keep getting various
program errors, from
plasma dumping and restarting, problems with a
web application in
Firefox (that my brother-in-law has been using
under windoze for several
years) locking up the whole computer - mouse
won't move - no response
e from keyboard, etc.

The distribution should be quite stable if you have
used the standard repositories (no factory or some
other repos). Otherwise try to remove all those
repos and do in yast un unconditional update.