Re: [opensuse] Can I use one of the virtualizers? [OT]
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:25:48 -0400
On 2010/03/25 10:12 (GMT-0400) John E. Perry composed:

I just hope that something can overcome the fact that I'm completely
unable to find anything like an installation key, and the restore
process doesn't even ask for a key. I can't use my wife's key, of
course -- she needs her computer, too.

Restore incorporates the vendor's generic key, because it's putting the
system back into the condition it existed in when delivered.

Micro$oft requires vendors to affix the key sticker to the outside of the
machine as a license condition. If you bought that machine new and such
sticker is not affixed and not removed by you or under your authority, you
have some complaining to do upstream.

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/