Re: [opensuse] USB Webcam audio problem on Linux
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:00:02 +0100
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 19:08, Marco Calistri
<marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is making you be so sure that a Logitech will works for you?
If Logitech does not provide a specific Linux driver, there are good
possibilities that it will fails too.

Generally that's because the Logitech cams support the UVC
standard...I have a Logitech 250 and all I did was plug it in.. and it
works. I didn't have to do anything at all to get it working.
Previously, I had a Philips cam... and getting it to even start up was
a nightmare let alone getting the microphone working (something I've
never managed).

C.