Re: [opensuse] Testing laptop-mode
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:17:28 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 17. März 2010 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

Following a comment here I have tried "laptop-mode". However, it is not
tracking the AC / Batttery status: when I connect or disconnect the
power cable, the utility doesn't always react to the changed status and
I have to force it by restarting the daemon.

The system does indeed know about the change: it is reflected in the
power-manager applet, in gkrellm, and via acpi-listen in a terminal:
[...]

Using the package for 11.1, there is a hook for pm-utils installed that
"integrate[s] laptop-mode into pm-utils hook infrastructure":
/usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/laptop-mode-tools
This hook should be called on every power state change.[0]

When do you call this script with the appropriate argument, does it work
then?

Gruß
Jan
[0] http://en.opensuse.org/Pm-utils
--
You can't become a martyr every time you get ticked off.