Re: [opensuse] email etiquette
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:45:45 +0000
Rajko M. wrote:
Henne is again one step ahead :)

Unfortunately Henne is not the only one who publishes archives of this
list and others are not so careful. But I don't care anyway ...

Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Tuesday, 2010-03-16 at 21:15 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
ps: any spammer mining email addresses may obtain your address as
easily from the email header as from the body.

No, because the web pages storing the list archive do not store the
headers, only the body text of the emails.

That's the point.

Well any spammer can just subscribe to the list and get all the
addresses anyway, which is why I don't really care what's in the archive.

Cheers, Dave