Re: [opensuse] From offtopic list.
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:47:56 -0500
On 03/10/2010 08:33 PM, Tony Alfrey wrote:
Fred A. Miller wrote:
On 03/10/2010 07:34 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hi Fred,

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 19:04 -0600, Fred A. Miller wrote:

Well, I didn't write it. Sorry you're offended, but I'm not, and as
per
many others who have varying opinions, we are all entitled to them.
You are if course entitled to have this opinion. You are not
entitled to
voice this opinion on an opensuse list. Please, I don't want to see
this
signature ever again on our lists. I find it just too offensive for a
very sensitive topic. Thanks in advance.

First off, Henne, I'm taking this public because I want everyone to know
what's
going on and why I probably won't be on the lists any longer....NOT my
choice
but yours.

I've seen a variety of your (Mr. Miller's) signatures that I've found
offensive (some remarks about 'liberals'; I'm one of those "evil"
people) but I've said nothing because I'm not a major participant on
this list. But the list is not a political forum, it is simply a
discussion about software. So adding content that is bound to be
controversial is simply counterproductive to the objective (or what I
thought was the objective) of the list. There are many other forums
where you can freely express your opinions about religion.
An argument about kde 3.5 or 4.x seems appropriate. Signatures that
amount to hand grenades about inherently subjective topics seem
inappropriate for this particular list.
My 2 cents (or euro-cents, whatever they call them).

Tony, a lot of people use sigs......some I like and some I don't. I
don't complain about any of them....it's a FREE SPEECH issue....PERIOD.
There are many on a lot of the lists who I don't agree with. For
example, Basil and I get into it frequently on the off-topic list, but
if Henne tried to kick him off, he'd have a BIG ration of grief from me
and I suspect some others who also don't agree with Basil. I don't like
censorship for ANYONE, whether I agree with them or not doesn't
matter.....censorship is WRONG, anywhere at anytime....PERIOD!

Fred

--
“The sword of Muhammad and the Qur'an are the most fatal enemies of
civilization, liberty and truth which the world has ever known - an