Re: [opensuse] Remote installation, how to find out public dynamic IP
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 15:19:21 +0100
Paul Korossy wrote:

On Saturday 06 March 2010 12:12:02 Per Jessen wrote:
My problem is that I cannot connect to it from my local
machine without knowing the public IP address of the router because
the remote machine has a private IP address.

Whether or not you know the public address, you will also need to set
up port forwarding on the router (i.e. forward port 22 to your remote
machine.)

Yes, it has already been configured for a while.

Is it possible to find out the public IP address of the DSL router
on the other side after starting the installation program from the
CD?

The router probably supports that - maybe via telnet or a
web-browser.

Yes, the router may support it, but the net installer doesn't contain
any graphic browser to login to the router.

telnet then? (I don't know if the install system has a telnet though).

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.3°C)