[opensuse] Remote installation, how to find out public dynamic IP
  • From: Paul Korossy <p1037905@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:57:22 +0100
Hi Listmates,

I'd like to perform an ssh-based network installation on a remote machine
using OpenSUSE net install CD. The remote machine is behind a DSL-router that
gets dynamic public IP address from the internet provider.
My problem is that I cannot connect to it from my local machine without
knowing the public IP address of the router because the remote machine has a
private IP address.
Is it possible to find out the public IP address of the DSL router on the
other side after starting the installation program from the CD?
Thanks,

Paul