Re: [opensuse] Re: OO 3.2 bug?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:51:27 -0500
* Jones de Andrade <johannesrs@xxxxxxxxx> [03-04-10 17:45]:

256.rtf on the other hand is the one that I get more amazed with your
results. As you can see in the following link, the table is completely
truncated in that file when opened with OO 3.2. Never got the chance
to test that one with 3.1 since this is a new file, anyway.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5888/imagem2zl.png

Can you please confirm that you are not seeing the same behaviour from
the picture above in your system? Thanks a lot. ;)

I do see that the lower part of the table is missing on 256.rt. May have
not noticed that before...

Appears more a broken windows app generated the files or the rtf format
is so poorly documented that other apps do not all display it similarly,
after all, it *is* a mickey$oft format.  They probably purposly release
differing specs to the ?format?.

Absolutely, this is mickeysoft format. And I'm absolutely in the blank
about which crappy piece of "software" was used, but I would really
guess the last version of their "oriffice" suite.

agreed, wordpad doesn't even display it properly. I would bet that it
was generated with word# which does not do normal line wrapping and saved
as rtf, but that is *guessing*. :^)

Anyway, since the openoffice team tries its best to properly open those
"formats" (and they want and got an "ISO award"... ending world...), I
thought it would worth to see if anyone else got these issues before
informing them.

gud luk,