Re: [opensuse] Novell for sale.
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:52:02 -0500
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 08:37 -0600, Duaine Hechler wrote:
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 18:50 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 03/03/10 18:13, Fred A. Miller wrote:
Many of you don't read the off-topic list, so I'll post this
here because of it's importance.
Fred
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6214QN2010030
A five year deal with Microsoft to dump Novell/SUSE
Nov 08, 2006 By Nicholas Petreley
<http://www.linuxjournal.com/user/801587> <================XX
Wake up little SUSE, Wake up. No, that's not good enough. Wake up SUSE
customers, wake up. Novell is jeopardizing the future of Linux for its
own short-term rewards.
Maybe there is a reason people don't subscribe to the offtopic list?
Hmmm... Because we don't want to be pelted with senseless inflammatory
ignorant tripe
You've accomplished a lot - now fewer people will subscribe to this list
too. Thanks for helping Linux thrive by worsening the signal-to-noise
ratio.
WELL, I for one ain't going anywhere - I LOVE openSUSE - unless things
completely disintegrate or Microsucks buys them.

Agree.

(a) the aforementioned article is meaningless.
(b) the M$/Novell deal is a trivial issue that ignorant whacka-doodles
can't stop crowing about.

Open Source [the community], IMO, will be much better off if it adopts a
zero-tolerance policy for such inanity/stupidity.

See the "Makes accusations of conspiracy (paranoia)" section of the
excellent
<http://jeffreystedfast.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-survive-poisonous-people.html>.

Also, all the FUDsters should be pounded with as many e-mails as they
generate - all containing a link to
<http://www.jprl.com/Blog/archive/development/mono/2009/Jan-19.html>
(which has to do with Mono, but applies generally to all the crap these
guys won't stop yammering about).

Besides, I have not - played with - anything that even comes close to
openSUSE and it's software repositories.

Ditto.
--
openSUSE w/GNOME <http://www.opensuse.org/en/>
Linux for human beings who need to get work done.