Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice update using YaST or zypper, how-to
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:21:00 +0100
On 3/1/2010 at 11:01, Verner Kjærsgaard<vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi lis and gurus

it's been some time now since OO version 3.2 came out.
- it take it, that it's been ported/made ready for openSusE11.1 by now.
- in YaST I don't see it as being available...

How do I upgrade my 3.0.0.something to 3.2 using either YaST or (better)
zypper?

Your one-stop-address in this case would be: http://en.opensuse.org/OpenOffice

In short: Version upgrades do never happen via the official update channel
(well, almost never).
You'll want to add the repository [1] listed for your openSUSE version and then
install using yast.

Also have a look at Petr Maldek's blog post(s) for this topic, latest one here:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/02/26/openoffice_org-3_2_0_7-bugfix/

hth.
Dominique

[1]