Re: [opensuse] 11.2 a big step backwards?
  • From: Charles Obler <joyinstruggle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:28:32 -0800 (PST)
--- On Tue, 2/23/10, Ken Schneider -
openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Charles,

Make sure you have the proper repos setup for 11.2
and then in a konsole, as root, do the following:

zypper ref
zypper dup (answer yes to this)

This should finish getting your system to a stable
state. Once you have finished this. I can help
you add a repo for KDE4.4 so you can have all of
the latest fixes for KDE4 and start to get
accustomed to the new way of calling things and
making them work. It's a slow process but one you
must endure to continue using KDE.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

Thank you for the help! That went beautifully. I
now have susehelp, and a lot of other wonderful
software. Now I'm ready for KDE 4.4, or even 4.5
if that is available.

Proceeding on my own, I would have put the
installation disk back in and selected "update".
But I wasn't sure exactly what that would do, so I
posted the question. Thanks again for helping.

Is zypper the product that used to tie up the
system? I remember being forced to disable a task
with a similar name, along with beagle, two years
ago, when I installed 10.2. I don't see either
running now, and my system is running just fine.

Any way I can change the title of this thread, without
violating etiquette?!