Re: [opensuse] PATA vs. SATA: which port is device on?
  • From: David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:35:49 +0100
Hello,

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Felix Miata wrote:
I also tried it on an 11.0 install on a i965/ICH8 system with no attached
PATA devices, and got no output. Any ideas why?

IIRC, 11.0 did not yet use libata for IDE/PATA as well. So, you won't
get PATA devices with the SCSI-paths in /dev/by-path/. On those
machines, you can discern between PATA and SATA easily anyway, just
have a look at /proc/ide/hd*/model or with a different pattern under
/dev/by-path/.

HTH,
-dnh

--
So Linus, what are we doing tonight?
The same thing we do every night Tux. Try to take over the world!