Re: [opensuse] dashed lines and dotted lines
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:59:56 -0500
On Friday 19 February 2010 05:16:41 am Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
On 19/02/10 04:05, Douglas McGarrett wrote:
Hello, again--

I'm new to SuSE 11.1, and a lot of things have changed since 9.3.
Fr'instance, all of a sudden I have dotted lines around a lot
of the things I bring up on screen, including now, and
dashed lines around each incoming mail (in KMail) and dashed
lines around some icons on the desktop. Why did they appear, and how
can I get rid of them? They make the mail topics hard to read, for one
thing. (This letter, as I write it, has dotted edges as noted above.)
This did not manifest itself until I had used the program about 5 days.
--doug

Doug, I don't understand what you mean by what you describe - could you
send a screenshot? Is it a hardware display issue or a software issue?

Are you running KDE3 or KDE4?

Regards,
Tejas

I'm running KDE 3.5. I can't seem to get the dashed lines and the dots on
screen at the same time. The dashes surround the subject of the incoming
mail, and the dots surround this outgoing mail. The screen shot is of
this reply. Note the dots all around the periphery. Dashes also surround
a selected icon, but they don't seem to be active when the outgoing mail
is active.
--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A. M. Greeley