Re: [opensuse] Best KDE4 Trick In A While - Moving the Cashew to the top-left of the desktop (no I didn't know)
  • From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:34:50 -0800
On 2/10/2010 4:40 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

This will obviously draw a "Duh??" response from most of you, but for
those that don't know you can do this, it may remove a frustration with kde4.

For me the peanut/cashew has always been a pain, not because it doesn't
work -- it works just fine, but it always prevented me from configuring the
top-right corner of my desktop the way I wanted. Basically the blooming
peanut was always in the way. So out of frustration, I just put my mouse on
it clicked -> held-down and dragged that sucker out of the way and -- it
worked! First I just moved it down far enough to put my digital clock in the
corner -- finally.

When you put it on an edge, the cashew has a nice rectangular tab. Next
I put it in the top-left corner out of my desktop and it returned to the
normal 1/4 circle corner widget. Give it a go if you need to recapture one
corner of your desktop.

Yup. Mine found its way to the top left corner as well.

For me the reason I wanted to do this was I test KDE in a Virtual machine, and
that
VM is not always the same size window, (some times its maximized, some times
its not)
and the cashew was off screen.

I see no valid reason to put it top right. Its not where people
normally look for that sort of stuff.