[opensuse] Best KDE4 Trick In A While - Moving the Cashew to the top-left of the desktop (no I didn't know)
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:40:51 -0600
Listmates,

This will obviously draw a "Duh??" response from most of you, but for
those that don't know you can do this, it may remove a frustration with kde4.

For me the peanut/cashew has always been a pain, not because it doesn't
work -- it works just fine, but it always prevented me from configuring the
top-right corner of my desktop the way I wanted. Basically the blooming peanut
was always in the way. So out of frustration, I just put my mouse on it clicked
-> held-down and dragged that sucker out of the way and -- it worked! First I
just moved it down far enough to put my digital clock in the corner -- finally.

When you put it on an edge, the cashew has a nice rectangular tab. Next
I put it in the top-left corner out of my desktop and it returned to the normal
1/4 circle corner widget. Give it a go if you need to recapture one corner of
your desktop.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC