[opensuse] Re: How to query time with ntpd?
  • From: Andrew Bacchi <ihccab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 09:44:39 -0500
ntpdate is depricated. Look at the man page for 'sntp'.

On 02/08/2010 06:27 AM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I used to use ntpdate to query the time of a given time server occasionally.
'ntpdate -q <time.server.address>' showed the difference between the system
and server time.
Now in openSUSE 11.2 ntpdate is not available anymore, it is replaced by ntpd.
How can I use ntpd on command line to check the difference between server and
system time without adjusting the latter one (ie. imitate -q option of
ntpdate)? I have read the ntpd man page but could not find out myself how to
do it.

Thanks,
Istvan