Re: [opensuse] HP only prints on HP paper
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:59:48 +1100
On 01/02/10 20:14, M. Fioretti wrote:
On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 19:36:03 PM +1100, Basil Chupin (blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
wrote:

Why don't you go to the Hewlett Packard website and download the
Full User Manual for the printer. It's all there if you bother to
read it properly.

Because:

1) I *had* done my homework before, and found:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c01469973.pdf

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01413585&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3390947#N1422

2) those documents only say "Up to 4800 x 1200-optimised dpi colour
when printing from a computer on select HP photo papers and
1200-input dpi."

3) what Lynn actually said twice in this thread before your remark is:

"The quality of the print with hp photo paper is excellent. It will
not however feed any other brand of photo paper"

which is quite another issue, as I had already made clear. What the
docs do say is that HP **only guarantees** that resolution with a
certain paper, not that the hardware itself will just **refuse** to
work with other paper at that quality.

4) Had I not asked, you would have missed an opportunity to show that
you didn't bother to read the thread carefully.

Marco

Do you want help or do you want to get stroppy?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=uk&dlc=en&product=3390947&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_UKEN

Read the bloody thing!

I have an HP and I can print photos on any sort of paper - although I
haven't tried toilet paper.

HP will always promote their own paper but it doesn't mean you cannot
use other brands.

BC

--
"Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony."