Re: [opensuse] HP only prints on HP paper
  • From: "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 07:32:44 +0100
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 14:39:59 PM +0100, lynn (lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

I have a deskjet F2280. Normal photocopy paper works fine. To get
high quality prints, I have to use HP paper. It will not feed any
other (I have tried kodak and epson which I'd like to use). Printer
setup by yast. OS 11.2 with KDE 3.4.5 Is there any way I can fool it
into thinking it's HP paper?

Sorry, I have no technical advice, but I would really like to have a
confirmation about this: you are saying that the printer doesn't
simply print bad, but that it physically refuses to take in other
brands of paper? And is this documented somewhere online? I couldn't
find any confirmation myself, but I would really like to know for sure
(especially now that I'd need to buy a new printer...)

TIA,
Marco
--
Enough with this "Free Software is communist" myth! Please!
http://stop.zona-m.net/it/node/87