Re: [opensuse] Wine applications not visible in KDE Kickoff App launcher
  • From: Joop Beris <opensuse@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 21:23:17 +0100
On Saturday 23 January 2010, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 23:16 +0100, Joop Beris wrote:

Whenever I install a Windows app using Wine, the applications do not get
added to the KDE Kickoff App launcher. On previous versions of
openSUSE/KDE, this used to be the case.
However, when I enter a part of the program name in the search bar at the
top of the KDE Kickoff App launcher, the icon does show up as a search
result and I can start it from there. However, is there a way I can fix

#find .cxoffice -iname "*.desktop" | xargs chmod +x

Thanks Terry but sorry, I don't use CrossOver, so that won't fly.

My *.desktop files live in ~/.local/share/applications/wine/... and they
already have the execute bit set. They show up in the KickOff Launcher when I
search for them with the search field on top. Clicking them does launch the
windows program too.
They just don't show up in the regular KickOff menu...

"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."
< Previous Next >