Re: [opensuse] Wine applications not visible in KDE Kickoff App launcher
  • From: Joop Beris <opensuse@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 21:23:17 +0100
On Saturday 23 January 2010, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 23:16 +0100, Joop Beris wrote:
Listmates,

Whenever I install a Windows app using Wine, the applications do not get
added to the KDE Kickoff App launcher. On previous versions of
openSUSE/KDE, this used to be the case.
However, when I enter a part of the program name in the search bar at the
top of the KDE Kickoff App launcher, the icon does show up as a search
result and I can start it from there. However, is there a way I can fix
Kickoff?

#find .cxoffice -iname "*.desktop" | xargs chmod +x

-=terry=-

Thanks Terry but sorry, I don't use CrossOver, so that won't fly.

My *.desktop files live in ~/.local/share/applications/wine/... and they
already have the execute bit set. They show up in the KickOff Launcher when I
search for them with the search field on top. Clicking them does launch the
windows program too.
They just don't show up in the regular KickOff menu...

Joop

--
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."