Re: [opensuse] Re: Removing KDE:43 repo (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Difference between kde repo's)
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 07:17:57 +0000
On Friday 08 Jan 2010 06:51:52 Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010 11:29:54 schrieb ianseeks:
I don't even get to "select a user" to log in as before the screen goes
white and displays "Couldn't find the requested component: folderview"
and has a big red "X" button which you can press but it doesnt do
anything. I have to do the Ctrl Atl Backspace to kill it.
I'm only using the STABLE KDE4 repo for 11.2 so it should all be the
same. The error implies something is missing from the repo.

Does it? If something essential as that was missing I'd assume all people
using that repo would see the error.

If you enable autologin, you do not have to select a user and folderview
sounds like you are already past kdm, so trying a new user and disabling
autologin to chose it would make sense. And using only one repo does not
mean that it is not possible that due to whatever half of your packages
are still on KDE 4.3.1.

Sven

I've never configured a user to use autologin but i guess something may have
changed a config item somewhere. Any pointer as to which file i'd look in to
see if auto login is enabled?