Re: [opensuse] Re: Removing KDE:43 repo (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Difference between kde repo's)
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 07:51:52 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010 11:29:54 schrieb ianseeks:
I don't even get to "select a user" to log in as before the screen goes
white and displays "Couldn't find the requested component: folderview"
and has a big red "X" button which you can press but it doesnt do
anything. I have to do the Ctrl Atl Backspace to kill it.
I'm only using the STABLE KDE4 repo for 11.2 so it should all be the same.
The error implies something is missing from the repo.

Does it? If something essential as that was missing I'd assume all people
using that repo would see the error.

If you enable autologin, you do not have to select a user and folderview
sounds like you are already past kdm, so trying a new user and disabling
autologin to chose it would make sense. And using only one repo does not mean
that it is not possible that due to whatever half of your packages are still
on KDE 4.3.1.

Sven