Re: [opensuse] Installing Virtual Box on 11.2
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:55:16 -0500
On 12/29/2009 11:52 PM, Basil Chupin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 30/12/09 04:19, Michael Roberts wrote:
<snip>

At this point I'll take the opportunity to thank everyone for providing
me with most useful advice on how to go about getting VB up and running.

I am glad to read that you are reviewing the wiki pages re VB. May I
suggest that you take into account Clayton's, Ken Schneider's comment
about using *full* name of the VB RPM from SUN, and also the
instructions given by David Rankin in his post in this ML dated 8 Feb
2008 titled, "A Quick Start - VirtualBox Howto".

One of my personal peeves about VB and around which I cannot wrap my
brain is the ability to access from oS the files sitting in any of the
partitions created in the Windows virtual disc (.VirtualBox) by apps.
installed in VB. If that could be made more understandable then this
would be great.

Right now, I have VB installed as well as XP. However, I still haven't
got something correct because I am not able to have XP display in the
full resolution (1920x1080) of my monitor - and which I was able to do,
if I recall correctly, a few years ago.

BC

You need to read the help provided by VB, it is excellent.

I will give you a hint: tools
go through the pull downs of the running VM

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998