Re: [opensuse] checkinstall and opensuse 11.2 - partial solution
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 00:56:47 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2009-12-14 at 03:37 +0100, Philipp Thomas wrote:

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:02:14 +0100, you wrote:

Oh, crumbs.

My thinking too.

What is it using instead?

I haven't checked.

Ok, keep us informed whenyou can :-)

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools/

Sigh, so a bit more work was needed :( Shouldn't have told everybody
to test when it wasn't even building ... Packages for all but SLE9 and
SLE10 are available and I'll check those tomorrow.

Things happen.

As my mother says, only those that try cooking have problems with cooking. If you don't try, you don't make messes, but also, you don't eat :-)

(Al que cuece y amnasa, de todo le pasa)

So now there *is a working version and I'd be happy if those that
really use it would test this version and give me feedback.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work completely. The buildroot problem is solved, yes. The problem of failure to create target directories, is not solved.

I think that install creates the directories in the temporary target build directory, but instead tests for it in the final (for real) directory.

Does this idea make sense?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.