Re: [opensuse] Need to add an init script
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:59:29 -0500
On 12/14/2009 11:44 AM, Ruben Safir pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Hello

I need to add an init script to the /etc/rc.d directory to run on init 3
and init 5 for my DHCPD server. I try to add it /etc/rc.d/ and replaced
the dhcpd script there and then created a line to /etc/init/rc3.d/S03dhcpd
and /etc/init/rc3.d/K03dhcpd, but it doesn't seem to be seen on reboot
or when I drop it down to init 1 and then back up to init 3

I also want to run two lines to the network initiation and the
/etc/rc.d/network script is just such a cludge now, I can't seem to
find a place to add it to that script...so I'd like to just get around
it by adding another script file to add my customization after the
networking is up.

Ruben

Take a look at /etc/init.d/skeleton as it explains how to add your
script and is the template you should copy from.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998