Re: [opensuse] checkinstall and opensuse 11.2 - partial solution
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:02:14 +0100

On 12/10/2009 11:17 PM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:58:28 -0700, you wrote:

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 19:10 +0100, Philipp Thomas wrote:

use checkinstall with another installwatch. I'll keep you informed.

OK, no option. src2pkg does not use the installwatch library anymore,
so there is no source I could use aas a drop in replacement :( Maybe
in my holidays between the years I'll find time to check older
versions of src2pkg.

Oh, crumbs. Thanks. But thanks for your help.

What is it using instead?

Anyone interested in checkinstall should really try out the version I
checked into devel:tools. This one has the code from checkinstall git
repository to support the *at functions plus the fix for BUILDROOT
that Carlos suggested. I'd be really interested to know how that
version works so that I can submit it for factory.

I was trying to do so, but... it is not there. You mean here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools/

?

I can't see it either in 11.2 or factory. Hold on, there is another repo of
similar name... no, it
is not here either:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools:/building/openSUSE_11.2/i586/

:-?

BTW, as you can see from the checkinstall homepage that code has been
in the git repository since November last year and its author
obviously hasn't seen the need to release a fixed version of
checkinstall!

:-(

- --
Cheers / Saludos,