Re: [opensuse] Carelessness busts Linux security
I can understand why security issues, what they are and how they could
be compromised, should not be publicly discussed but I cannot see why
questions about security have to only be answered by ordinary users in
this, or other similar fora, without somebody from the producers of the
OS - in this case, openSUSE - cannot state what the "official" response
is about how 'their' OS is not subject to being compromised.

It is *not* 'their' OS, it is Open Source.

And this issues does *not* represent a compromise; it represents
stupidity and negligence on the part of the local administrator.

I think that you can get the gist of what I am talking about....(Which
is something along-the-lines of getting a response from somebody who has
a genuine and recognisable monicker directly linking her/him to Novell's
ownership of openSUSE.)

I have *no* need of anyone from Novell to response about this - the
answer is that basic UNIX security resolves this issue; and all
distributions are impacted the exact same way.

It really is like the argument going on the present time between those
who claim that there is global warming and those who claim that there is
no such thing.

Go stuff it.