Re: [opensuse] Re: live usb dvd
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:16:00 +0100

On 11/21/2009 09:42 AM, jdd-gmane wrote:
Le 21/11/2009 03:07, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

nope. Simply read the wiki. You will learn how to create a writable
fat 32 partition on the same usb key to be able to work

I do not want another partition on the same usb disk to write to instead. I
want the main partition
to be writeable. To be able to edit, change, delete, add, files to the
system. Run a system
update... everything on the usb disk I would do on a normal install.

did you try a normal install?

most problems seems to come from mother board having boot usb option
very different from a make to an other

Not yet.

I have only tried boot from usb on a friend's portable, using puppy linux. You
boot the iso from cd,
then install to usb from the running live, with a choice of two or three
booting methods. We were
not sucesful, and we spent all our available time. We'll try again when we can.
I'd like to try oS
too, but it seems that the puppy linux distro is very nice and small on usb.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2-ex-factory "Emerald" GM)