Re: [opensuse] how to stop Dolphin from scattering .directory files all over the filesystem?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 03:05:50 -0600
On Monday 16 November 2009 23:38:55 and regarding:

Umm... how is that going to stop them from being *created*?

If it uses the same view for all folders, it doesn't need to record the
particular directory's view :^)

Err.. Ummm..

That's the issue, I wan't dolphin to remember what to display as
pictures,
what to display as a list and what to display as a compact list, but I do NOT
want little .directory files scattered all over the file system. Isn't there a
switch that says remember, but don't create little .directory files?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC