Re: [opensuse] The Missing SUSE manual: Missing documentation? - in EPUB
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:33:56 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2009-11-11 at 23:55 -0600, Constantinos Galilei wrote:

Still, if there was an open format that we could use, it would make sense to
provide the documentation in the distro with it if the library for it was
installed by default. That's what I meant.

You will like this:

<http://www.suse.com/relnotes/i386/openSUSE/11.2/RELEASE-NOTES.en.html>

] openSUSE Documentation as E-Books (EPUB)
]
] In addition to the traditional output formats PDF and HTML, the openSUSE ] system Documentation is now available as e-books in the EPUB format. ] EPUB (electronic publication) is a free and open e-book standard. For ] more information about EPUB, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB.
]
] Download the EPUB files from http://en.opensuse.org/Documentation.

What it doesn't say is what reader to use :-?

The wikipedia mentions Calibre, EPUBReader (an add on for FF), FBReader, and Okular - it is not clear how to create them. What has Novell used?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.