Re: [opensuse] After testing 11.2.........
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:48:06 +0100
FASTER running with openSUSE 11.2 and KDE than Ubuntu 9.10.

How did you measure that?

Wetware v1.0 :-) It just feels faster on my netbook. Does that count
for anything?

Agree;  YaST is a big part of why I can't really consider switching
distros.

Same here... YaST is the nicest config tool available. I use/test
multiple Linux and Unix installs, and openSUSE is the one I end up
coming back to. Some distros (historically) installed much easier
than openSUSE (Ubuntu for example), or post-install worked better for
the basics for things like multimedia (LinuxMint for example) but this
time around, it's looking - at least on initial testing - like 11.2
has got all the current distros beat. It still has quirks like all
releases :-) but overall it's running great on the machines I've
installed it on so far.

C.