Re: [opensuse] Re: Konqueror Image Quality Setting
  • From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:37:22 -0600
On Tuesday 10 November 2009 09:15:34 Leslie Turriff wrote:
On Monday 09 November 2009 23:42:47 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 10/11/09 12:20, jsa wrote:
So, nobody knows?
Is this a Konqueror bug that I should file a bug report for?

John, I suspect that not many people now use konqueror - I know that I
have never used it. So, I guess, it would pay you to file a bug report
for it.

There are a few of us out here that prefer Konqueror. I'm still on
11.0,
(Konqueror 3.5.9) and have not seen the problem John is having.

I also use Konqueror as my main browser (and file manager), although I have
moved to the KDE 4 version.

I just checked and I can confirm the "jaggies" on the image when it is
embedded in the web page reference by the OP. Slight "jaggies" still appear
even when I open the image in a stand-alone tab. I believe the scaling that
the web page is requesting is aggravating the "jaggyness".

I only use Firefox for web pages that do not play well with Konqueror.

Agreed. Although, in order to make web developers aware of Konqueror, I'll
use Konqueror a work around the poor web page implementation if at all
possible; Firefox/Iceweasel is installed, but only as a last resort.

find that Konqueror is smaller, faster, and more flexible than Firefox, and
of course, is better integrated with the rest of KDE. :-)

Agreed. I love the KParts integration, and although Dolphin seems to be the
preferred file manager by the project, I don't use it in favor of Konqueror;
it is nice to have a single application that transparently moves me from a PDF
on my local file system, some google results, and my local source tree.

I also use the "Web Shortcuts" feature excessively, although I hear that
Firefox has something similar now.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))