Re: [opensuse] R11.2 RC2 and network problems
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:17:23 +0100
ianseeks wrote:

On Tuesday 10 Nov 2009 08:49:09 Per Jessen wrote:
ianseeks wrote:
e.g i tried the suggestion
"sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1" and got this response
"/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6: No such file or
directory"

Something is wrong with your system - I just tried the above on a
fresh RC2 install:

# sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 0
# sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1

/Per

Thanks Per.
I did update the repos and download updates since the install as this
is also where i discovered the network throttling happening as it took
all night and part of the morning to download and install the updates.
I might try a clean install from DVD and then do the "sysctl" or just
wait for the full release as this is only on a backup machine i use to
test new releases.

Ian, just FYI - I have never experienced any problems wrt IPv6 being
active, and I've also never bothered disabling it.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.0°C)