Re: [opensuse] xsane missing save as tiff
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:22:27 +0100
xsane-0.996-0.pm.1.i586.rpm from packman.

packman's xsane is not including tiff support for long time.
Try official openSUSE version.

I'm curious; do you know why?

I have no any idea. I used the official SUSE xsane and after an update to
packman's version (it was newer) the save as tiff option was gone. Then I
reverted to SUSE's and it came back. Since then I haven't tried packman's
version. According to this thread it seems that it still does not have tiff
support. I don't know the reason; the packager should be asked.

Cheers,

Istvan