Re: [opensuse] Scary enough for Halloween...
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 22:51:04 -0600
On Monday 02 November 2009 07:54:35 pm Richard wrote:
This is an exerpt from an article I read at
http://www.gnashdev.org/?q=node/62

It contains this and a lot more information:

<quote>
What if there was a type of cookie that could:

* Stay on your computer for an unlimited amount of time
* Store 100 kb of data by default, with an unlimited max
* Couldn’t be deleted by your browser
* Send previous visit information and history, by default, without your
permission

Great post Richard. It always left you wondering what was going on when
Acrobat kept 100% of your CPU well after the time you closed Firefox (yes, I
know it is a bug) -- but still??

You have to wonder just how many more of these glamor tools actually do quite
a bit more that you are aware they are. That's why I'm glad we have so many
hardware/network guys on the list that just love to sit around playing with
lsof and netstat for hours on end ;p

The damning part of it, even on linux, Firefox and other browsers (Opera as
well) pop up pages telling you to "Upgrade to the latest version of Flash",
"Download it here _link_to_adobe_site_"

It sounds like we all may have been agreeing to alot more that met the eye in
those license agreements. Damn lawyers...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC