Re: [opensuse] How do I prevent an interface getting an IPv6-address on boot-up?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:51:10 +0100
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 09:32 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
For PPPOE I need an ethernet interface that comes up on boot, but has
no IP-address - configuring this manually is no problem, but what
would I put in /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-ethX to get it started on
boot-up?
For now, I've got the following:
STARTMODE='auto'
BOOTPROTO=''
IPADDR=
This makes the interface come up without an IPv4 address, but I still
get an IPv6 address assigned. I don't know if this causes a problem
for pppoe, but there must be a way of getting rid of it?

You possibly can set -
IPV6INIT=no
IPV6_AUTOCONF=no
- in the interface config file, such
as /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 - at least that seems to
work on CentOS

I did come across those whilst googling, but they're not mentioned in
ifcfg.template, and having just tried them, I can say they didn't work
either :-(

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.9°C)