[opensuse] How do I prevent an interface getting an IPv6-address on boot-up?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:32:14 +0100
For PPPOE I need an ethernet interface that comes up on boot, but has no
IP-address - configuring this manually is no problem, but what
would I put in /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-ethX to get it started on
boot-up?

For now, I've got the following:

STARTMODE='auto'
BOOTPROTO=''
IPADDR=

This makes the interface come up without an IPv4 address, but I still
get an IPv6 address assigned. I don't know if this causes a problem
for pppoe, but there must be a way of getting rid of it?

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.2°C)