Re: [opensuse] Partition filled up
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 07:39:44 -0400
Bob S said the following on 10/26/2009 03:45 AM:

Yes, and that gives me the "/" or root/primary/basic directory that I know is
the filled partition. How does that help me? What does that number 75112312
mean?

I don't mean to be insulting, but have you read the manual page for du?

From the POSIX version ( :-) )

By default, the du utility shall write to standard output
the size of the file space allocated to, and the size of
the file space allocated to each subdirectory of, the file
hierarchy rooted in each of the specified files.

and

-s Instead of the default output, report only the total
sum for each of the specified files.

Does that explain the numbers?

--
"If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be
hacked. What's more, you deserve to be hacked."